At HIA Insurance, we work with you to ensure that you choose the insurance companies and products that are right for you.
If you own an Automobile, it pays to shop around and find the best auto insurance policy for you. Also combining your Home and Auto usually results in a significant savings.
HIA Insurance is an Independent Insurance Agency representing multiple companies, which allows us to do the shopping for you.
Whether you drive a new, used, classic car or truck, HIA Insurance can find the right coverage for you.
Your basic Auto policy consists of:
- Bodily Injury Liability- insures against injury that you may cause to other people. The key is that it involves you being held financially responsible for injuries to the other person because of your driving, your ownership or other use of your vehicle.
- Property Damage Liability- handles damage that you may cause to another person’s property. Again, the coverage only responds when you are financially responsible for such damage and it has to be related to your use or ownership of a vehicle.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage- This coverage typically pays for injuries you suffer from an accident caused by a person who has no insurance.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage- Similar to uninsured motorist, it pays for an injury caused by a driver who does not have enough coverage. For example, someone carrying a low bodily injury limit of $25,000 injures you, but your injuries are $50,000. If you carried an Underinsured Motorist Coverage limit of $100,000, your policy would pay the difference between their $25,000 of coverage and the $50,000 cost of your injuries.
Optional coverages that can be added to your basic auto policy are:
- Collision coverage- This covers damage to your own vehicle that happens when your vehicle runs into another object, such as other vehicles, trees, light poles, etc…
- Other Than Collision coverage (Comprehensive) – This also covers damage to your own vehicle that is due to sources such as fire, theft, hitting an animal, vandalism, earthquake, flood or hail.
- Towing and Labor (Roadside assistance)- Helps pay for towing to the nearest service station and some policies will provide gas, lockout service and even fix a flat tire.
- Rental Car Reimbursement- Just as the name says this will cover the cost of a rental car should you need one due to a covered loss.
There are many other options and things to discuss when it comes to Auto Insurance, so if any of this has raised questions about your current coverage, give us a call today for a professional review of your insurance.
(HIA Insurance is licensed to do business in Indiana and Illinois. We are also licensed in the states of Florida and Michigan, and offer products and services in those states on a limited basis. This Web Site is not a solicitation for business in states for which we are not licensed.)